Zwischen Lockdown und Impfstoff - wie geht’s weiter mit der Wirtschaft?
The Association of Banks in Hesse invites you to the digital event "Between Lockdown and Vaccine - what´s next for the economy?" - an event organised in cooperation with the Banking Academy.
The corona pandemic poses enormous health, social and economic challenges for our society. The package of measures of the recent partial lockdown, the so-called "lockdown light", has further clouded the prospects for a straight economic recovery. However, there are significant differences from the first lockdown in spring, as supply chains continue to function and shops, schools and kindergartens remain open. Nevertheless, some sectors are extremely affected by the measures, and it remains unclear when and at what pace the infection situation will allow a sustained easing of restrictions.
The digitaldialog deals with:
- What impact the corona pandemic will have on the economy and what role banks will play in overcoming the crisis.
- How are companies and banks prepared for the second lockdown?
- What measures are needed now to further support the economy?
- Is additional relief for banks necessary to ensure that they can continue to provide financing to the economy?
The panel discussion will also focus on the Hessian economy and Frankfurt as a financial centre.
During the discussion, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions to the panelists via chat.
17.00 – Welcome and introduction
- Sarah Schmidtke, Managing Director, Association of Banks in Hesse
- Michael Boddenberg, Minister of Finance of the State of Hesse
- Dr. Bettina Orlopp, Member of the Board of Management, Commerzbank AG and Chairwoman, Association of Banks in Hesse
- Stephan Sturm, Chairman of the Management Board, Fresenius Management SE
- Dr. Detlef Fechtner, deputy editor-in-chief, Börsen-Zeitung
18.00 – End of the event
Please note, the panel discussion language is German.