Vorstand aktuell 2023
The need for continuous training is a regulatory prerequisite (Section 25c (4) of the German Banking Act (KWG) and BaFin bulletin for business managers, marginal no. 105).
The legal changes that have been made (ARUG II) and are imminent (ARUG III) in the wake of the Wirecard scandal show that the requirements will continue to increase in the future.
The online intensive workshop "Vorstand aktuell 2023" ties in with this.
It is an advanced training event within the meaning of Section 25c (4) of the German Banking Act (KWG).
Topics covered include
- Business Judgment Rule: background, scope of application and requirements (also based on example situations)
- Business Judgment Rule: documentation requirements (incl. concrete (negative) examples from case law)
- Case law: Criminal liability of board members for excessive compensation of works council members
- Case law: Removal of a supervisory board member for reasons of conduct (employee representative / works council)
- Case law: Liability of supervisory board members for failure to assert claims for damages against executive board members
The event enables direct impulses and an exchange among the participants.
The online intensive workshop will be led by Dr. Jens Thau, M.C.J. (New York University), attorney, specialist in labor law, Attorney at Law, New York. He is Deputy General Manager of the Employers' Association of the Private Banking Industry (AGV Banken).
Language: Please note, conference language is German.